Saturday 6 December 2014

keeping momentum going in a MTT tournament...

I typically never have a problem accumulating a stack of chips in the initial hour or so of MTT game titles (NLHE). However as soon as i commence to get a stack, say 3x average stack, I observe that I commence to overvalue my chips and grow to be a lot more frugal with them. This can be good and poor…. but lately I find that it’s costing me some essential pots that would be sustaining me considerably longer in the sport. Dumb things like folding a mid PP even however a limp would have acquired me into the pot, and I would have ended up flopping a set… and then I defeat myself up over it.

Do I want to acquire the mentality of &quotit’s just a $ two/$ five get in, and there is no reward with no risk&quot?? I’m generally a nit participant, but I will perform marginal arms like suited connecters if the pot odds or place is right. But when I commence a pile of chips… I turn out to be even much more nit, and conclude up with a lower stack by the time the bubble is approaching or just burst. IMO it appears the most critical time to get a stack going is when the bubble is approaching. Just fatigued of generating the cash to overlook the FT by ten ppl and being eradicated with a large hand simply because large stacks can pay for to contact my all in.



Cardschat Poker Forums


http://statisticspoker.net/2014/12/07/keeping-momentum-going-in-a-mtt-tournament/

No comments:

Post a Comment